We independently evaluate all recommended products and services. If you click on links we provide, we may receive compensation. Learn more.
A personal loan from Ent Credit Union might be a great option if you live in its membership area and have fair or better credit. You can borrow up to $100,000 and get the funds deposited into your account quickly. Moreover, this is one of the few lenders we reviewed that allows a co-signer.?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Takeaways
- Company Overview
Can apply without a credit history
Can apply with fair credit?
Offers autopay discount?
Longer minimum repayment term required
- Ent Credit Union offers unsecured personal loans from $1,000 to $100,000.
- The company has long loan terms available, up to 84 months.?
- The lender offers various loan discounts and features.
Ent Credit Union was founded in 1957 to serve the Ent Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Since then, the credit union has grown to 21 counties along the state’s Front Range. Ent Credit Union serves more than 500,000 members at over 50 service centers and has about $3 billion in consumer loans on the books as of September 2023.
The credit union has good customer reviews and claims to prioritize customer service.
- Can apply without a credit history: Many lenders won’t let you apply for a loan without a credit history, but Ent will consider your application.?
- Can apply with fair credit: You may need a credit score of 700 or higher with some lenders, Ent Credit Union only recommends a minimum credit score of 619.?
- Offers autopay discount: You can get a 0.25% rate reduction when you sign up for automatic payments.?
- Accepts co-signers: If your credit is less than ideal, a co-signer with better credit can help you get approved for an Ent personal loan. Most lenders that we reviewed don’t allow that.?
- Membership required: Ent Credit Union’s membership is limited to those who live, work, worship, or attend school in a Colorado community it serves. Family of current members can also join. Alternatively, consumers can qualify to become an Ent member in all US states by establishing membership with the American Consumer Council, a non-profit consumer education organization that charges a one-time $15 fee.
- No pre-qualification: When you apply for a personal loan with Ent Credit Union, it does a hard credit check. No pre-qualification or pre-application with a soft credit inquiry is available.?
- Longer repayment term required: The shortest repayment term you can request is 36 months, or three years. You must use a different lender if you’re looking for a short-term loan to pay off in a year or two.
Types of Personal Loans Offered by Ent Credit Union?
Ent Credit Union offers unsecured personal loans starting at 13.90% APR and personal lines of credit (LOC) at 10.24% APR.?
If you’re getting a personal loan, you can use the money for various purposes, such as:?
- Home improvements
- Debt consolidation?
- A vacation?
- A major purchase
According to Investopedia’s 2023 Personal Loan Borrower survey, debt consolidation is the most common reason cited for getting a personal loan. Paying for home improvements and large purchases were the next two most common reasons.
Time to Receive Personal Loan Funds
You’ll typically get your funds within 24 hours of completing your application, which is helpful when you need money fast. But know that, in some cases, the approval process can take up to a week.?
You must first be a member to get a personal loan from Ent Credit Union. Then, it analyzes your credit report (if you have one), income, monthly cash flow, and other debt before approving your loan. Ent recommends a minimum credit score of at least 619 if you have a credit history.?
If you have fair credit but don’t meet the other requirements to get an Ent loan, review our list of best personal loans for fair credit to see where else you might get a loan.
Ent Credit Union Personal Loan Features
These features help set Ent personal loans apart from those of other lenders:?
- Offers Skip-A-Pay: Once your loan has been open for a year, you may qualify for an optional program to defer a loan payment. You’ll need to pay a $25 fee, and your loan will continue to incur finance charges, but it can help if money gets tight.?
- Long loan terms: Ent Credit Union offers terms of up to 84 months. Since many lenders only offer up to 72 months, this can give you extra time to repay at lower monthly payments.?
- Limited late fees: Late fees after your payment is more than 10 days late are $15, no matter the size of your loan. While not the lowest late fees available, this flat fee is on the lower end compared to other lenders.
Co-Signers and Co-Applicants
While many lenders only allow co-applicants for personal loans, Ent Credit Union offers the option for a co-signer. A co-signer guarantees to repay the loan if you fail to do so. Having one provides additional security for the lender and can help you secure better loan terms. A co-applicant or a co-borrower applies for a loan together with you. They are equally responsible for the debt and its repayment.
Need a co-signer but don’t meet the requirements to join Ent? Browse our picks for the best personal loans with a co-signer.
Can You Refinance a Personal Loan With Ent Credit Union?
Ent Credit Union allows you to take out a personal loan and refinance it later for better terms or interest rates.?
Ent Credit Union has extended hours to serve its customers better. Here’s how to get in touch with a Member Service Representative:
|Telephone||800-525-9623||Weekdays, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. MT
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. MT
|Secure Messages||Via online banking?||Weekdays, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. MT
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. MT
|X (formerly Twitter)||@Ent_CU||24/7|
On TrustPilot, the credit union has a 3.4 out of 5 stars. But that’s based on only eight reviews. Ent is a small, local credit union.
Ent Credit Union Credit Union Membership Requirements
To become a member of Ent Credit Union, you must meet the following requirements:?
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Maintain a $5 pledge share in your savings account that isn’t available for withdrawal
- Live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the 21 Colorado counties that it serves: Adams, Alamosa, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Costilla, Crowley, Custer, Denver, Douglas, El Paso, Elbert, Fremont, Huerfano, Jefferson, Larimer, Las Animas, Otero, Pueblo, Teller, Weld
- Be civilian or military personnel of the Colorado Air National Guard or Colorado Army National Guard, or be associated with Buckley Air Force Base
- Be the family member of an existing Ent member
- Be a member of the American Consumers Council
How to Apply For an Ent Credit Union Personal Loan
Completing the Ent Credit Union application online only takes a few minutes. Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Start your application: Click the “Apply Now” button on the Ent website and indicate whether you’re an Ent member. Then, make an account or log into an existing account.
- Complete your loan application: You’ll be asked to provide information about the loan you want (including its intended use). You’ll enter personal and financial details about yourself and any co-signers or co-applicants: Social Security numbers (SSNs), addresses, incomes, and loan amount.
- Wait for loan approval: It takes one business hour for a loan officer to review your application and make a decision. You can periodically refresh the submission page or check your online account to check the approval status.?
- Review and accept loan offer: Ent will send you a loan offer if approved. Review the terms carefully before signing the loan agreement.?
- Receive your loan funds: If approved, your funds could be deposited into your account within 24 hours after submitting your application. However, processing your loan and receiving your funds could take up to a week.????
Other Banking Services and Loans Offered by Ent Credit Union?
Ent Credit Union provides a host of other banking services and loans, including:?
- Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Money market accounts
- Certificates of deposit (CDs)
- Youth checking, savings, and CD accounts
- Mortgage loans
- Home equity lines of credit (HELOCs)
- Personal lines of credit
- Credit cards
- Student loans
- Auto loans
Compare ENT Credit Union With Other Personal Loan Lenders
|ENT Credit Union||LendingPoint||SoFi|
|Loan Terms||36–84 months||24–72 months||24–84 months|
|Recommended Minimum Credit Score||619||660||Not disclosed|
|Origination Fee||None||Up to 10%||None|
|Time to Receive Funds||Same day||Same day||Same day|
The Bottom Line
Ent Credit Union offers flexible personal loans to people with fair credit scores. Its competitive rate loans offer several advantages, including few fees, payment skips, and a rate reduction for automatic payments. The catch is you must be a member to apply. Since it’s a credit union with a membership requirement, some people may not be eligible. But if you meet the membership requirements, it’s an excellent choice.
Is Ent Credit Union Located Only in Colorado?
Yes, Ent Credit Union is only located in Colorado. Ent Credit Union has over 50 service locations spread throughout 21 counties in Colorado.?
Is Ent Credit Union FDIC Insured?
No. As a credit union, Ent is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). At least $250,000 of your account funds is insured.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Personal Loan From Ent Credit Union??
In most cases, your funds will be deposited within 24 hours of submitting your application. However, the process can sometimes take up to a week. If you need money in a hurry, here are our top picks for fast personal loans.
Do Ent Credit Union Personal Loans Have Any Origination Fees?
Ent Credit Union does not charge an origination fee for personal loans.
Does Ent Credit Union Charge Late Fees on Its Personal Loans??
If you’re late with your payment, Ent charges a flat $15 late fee, no matter the size of your loan.
To evaluate and rank personal loan providers we collected hundreds of data points across 70 lenders, including traditional banks, credit unions, fintechs, and special interest finance companies. We researched and evaluated APRs, loan amounts and terms, fees, customer experience, and much more. To rank the lenders in our database and to generate star ratings, we weighted the data we collected, based in part on what consumers told us were the most important features of a personal loan and lender in a survey we conducted. We grouped those factors into four broad areas:
- Loan costs (advertised APR, fees, and six other factors): 29.25%
- Loan terms (loan amount, repayment term, and three other factors): 22.25%
- Borrowing requirements (credit score, membership requirement, and six other factors): 28.5%
- Additional features (online application, pre-qualification, and eight other factors): 20%
Learn more about how we evaluated personal loans in our complete methodology.